The radio program which boasts everything from a healthy dose of politics to pop music and uneasy conversations has been awarded six “finalist” nods from the L.A. Press Club.
The Mo’Kelly Show, hosted by Morris W. O’Kelly (Mo’Kelly) in what he terms as “The Coolest Two Hours in All Talk Radio” seamlessly moves from guests on either side of the aisle, to find what is the righteous response, not simply “who is right.” Debuting on KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles in April of 2012, O’Kelly frequently stressed along the way the need to “raise the caliber of the conversation in our discourse.”
For good measure, even one of O’Kelly’s editorials written for his website (mrmokelly.com) was also highlighted.
The Mo’Kelly Show has been nominated in the following categories:
* Radio Journalist of the Year
* Radio/Host Segment – “The Truth about Michael Flynn”
* News or Feature Short Form – “Mo’ on the Movies: Thor: Ragnarok”
* Personality/Profile Interview – “American Race with Charles Barkley”
* Talk/Public Affairs Episode – “Remembering 9/11 from Inside the White House”
* Political Commentary/National – “The Case Against Donald Trump Jr.”
The Mo’Kelly Show (produced by Mr. Tawala Sharp) airs Saturday and Sunday from 6-8pm on KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles and iHeartRadio. Mo’Kelly can also be heard offering regular political commentary for BBC Radio, KEIB AM 1150 “The Patriot” (Los Angeles) WURD 96.1 AM (Philadelphia) and seen on FOX11, HLN, CNN and CNN International.
Mo’Kelly is represented by John McConnell of Workhouse Media.