IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR/ON-AIR TALENT
WWWZ-FM & WMGL-FM/CHARLESTON, SC
How would you like to live in paradise and lead two of Charleston’s heritage top Urban radio brands? WWWZ-FM and WMGL-FM is searching for a forward thinking, cutting edge programmer with the ability to lead two of Charleston’s top rated radio stations to the next level.
This is a highly coveted position.
This is the job for you if you:
- Have strong awareness in the Urban music genre
- Are a skillful coach of talent – be able to delegate, inspire and apply constructive criticism for team where needed
- Possess a track record of ratings success
- Are a team player with a strong work ethic
- Can host an entertaining mid-day show on WMGL
- Have strong production and imaging skills, a passion for creative promotions and an obsession with digital and social media
- Are familiar with music scheduling software
- Understanding of market/product research including Arbitron ratings analysis
- Budget planning, event and promotion planning and execution
- Computer literacy on applicable programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure and deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting and other related production equipment
How to Apply
- Provide 2-3 minute air-check demo (3MB max), resume, references and a link to your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram. Open until filled. Resumes, references, and mp3 should be uploaded in confidence to www.Cumulus.Com/careers/
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 451 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMY’s, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and the ability to increase income
- Creative and collaborative environment
- Ability to work alongside and learn from the best in the business
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage
Cumulus Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Ken Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org